More than a Fish – June 2021: Oregon Dungeness Crab Mac & Cheese
Featuring Ingredients From Blue Siren Shellfish, Sitka Sedge Farm, Wolfmoon Bakery, Circe's Garden, Forage & Farm, Nestucca Bay Creamery, Little Island Creamery, JAndy Oyster Company, Jacobsen Salt Co
Oregon Dungeness Crab ‘Mac’ & Cheese
- Fresh handmade orecchiette pasta with Sitka Sedge Farm duck eggs, Nestucca Bay Creamery Oretown cheddar/gruyère/parmesan garlic cream, Oregon Dungeness crabmeat from Blue Siren Shellfish & F/V Stormtrooper, Wolfmoon Bakery bread crumbs, Salmonberry Farm chives
- Circe’s Garden spring salad with Forage & Farm wild watercress, Salmonberry burnet & spring herb dressing
- Wolfmoon organic sourdough demi baguette made with freshly milled ancient grain kamut with Little Island Creamery & Salmonberry Farm herb butter
- One dozen JAndy Oyster Company Netarts Sweethearts oysters in-shell
- A collaboration between North Coast Commons & Blue Siren Shellfish, with support from Visit Tillamook Coast.
*contains shellfish, dairy & gluten
About the Project:
Educational outreach programs like Oregon Sea Grant’s “Shop at the Docks” received feedback that suggests consumers want to buy Oregon-local seafood but don’t always know how to cook it, preserve it, or where and when to purchase the seasonal catch. This partnership builds on the past two years of coordinated efforts and lessons learned with the intention of addressing these barriers.
More Than A Fish was created to tell the stories of North Coast Seafood Producers to a wider geography of audiences. Deepen awareness about the sustainability, dedication and heritage that North Coast Seafood Producers represent within the industry. Partners collectively want to grow affinity for the goods and services of North Coast Seafood Producers and create a steadfast understanding of the industry as a bedrock of Oregon’s coastal heritage.
- Boil pasta in salted water to your preference, approx 10 minutes. While pasta is boiling:
- Simmer cream & garlic for 5 minutes to reduce
- Transfer cooked pasta from its water with a slotted spoon or spider into the cream & simmer for 1 minute
- Fold in cheese, leaving some to sprinkle on top
- Fold in crab & half of the chives
- Put pasta mix into a skillet or roasting dish, sprinkle cheese on top and use your oven’s broil setting to melt the cheese on top until golden
- Sprinkle remaining chives to garnish top, add a squeeze of lemon if desired
Enjoy the bounty of the North Oregon Coast!
Blue Siren Shellfish
Blue Siren Shellfish is an Oregon-based, independently owned fish company focused on celebrating and sharing the local harvest supported by Oregon’s wild ocean and network...
Sitka Sedge Farm
We’re a small family farm located just outside of Pacific City, on Oregon’s North Coast. Sitka Sedge Farm produces humanely-and-sustainably-raised specialty eggs, fine meats and quality livestock. We love...
WOLFMOON puts community benefit at the core of its purpose. Our focus is an organic, sustainable, and environmentally conscious effort to enrich the health and...
We are a small farm in Tillamook on the North Oregon Coast. All our produce is grown naturally using no till methods. We work with...
Forage & Farm
Forage & Farm was born out of the forests of the Pacific Northwest, starting from family traditions and secret foraging locations passed down from generation...
Nestucca Bay Creamery
Our fifth generation Tillamook County dairy farm dates back to 1876, when Amy’s great-grandparents homesteaded in Cloverdale, OR. People often ask us why we started...
Little Island Creamery
Our 34-acre farm is comprised of a barn, built in 1946, some outbuildings and the pasture, nestled in the middle of the Lower Columbia River on...
JAndy Oyster Company
JAndy Oyster Company has been growing oysters since 2012. The beach-grown oysters are raised in beautiful Netarts Bay, Oregon, and picked by hand. JAndy Oysters...
Jacobsen Salt Co
Grounded in craftsmanship and community, Jacobsen Salt Co.’s mission is to provide the finest elemental cooking ingredients and kitchen staples that inspire people to cook,...